Many military officers and non-commissioned officers transition into civilian careers as Logistics or Distribution Specialists.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in and qualified for applying for a Logistics/Distribution Specialist position, please click here and fill out the form provided to apply to the Bradley-Morris, Inc. (BMI) program. A candidate recruiter will contact you if there are job openings that match your background, education and career preferences.
The logistics/distribution specialist is responsible for the monitoring and managing of cost, efficiency, productivity, and all product transfer associated with company distribution and inventory. He/she may also act as a liaison for company-customer or company-vendor relationships.
Photo Courtesy of Nuclear
Skills that you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Develop work schedules and coordinate all distribution center activities
- Monitor and develop ways to improve operating costs and material estimates
- Monitor and resolve all attendance, performance, safety and policy violation issues
- Ensure the timeliness of approved orders to be shipped and the compliance of carriers with pick-up commitments
- Maintain an exact count of all inventories and ensure they, along with all equipment, are properly protected against loss or damage
- Develop operational and procedural changes to improve distribution efficiency and exceed productivity performance
Salary, Benefits and Shift (*may vary by city and experience level):
$40k-$70k annually; includes company benefits.
Typically reports to:
Regional Operations Manager or
Director of Logistics Operations
Similar job titles:
Distribution Center Manager/Supervisor; Inventory and Logistics Manager/Supervisor
Recent BMI placements for this position include but have
not historically been limited to the following specialties:
*Military personnel from the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps (USMC) have been placed through Bradley-Morris, Inc. into Logistics Specialist and Distribution Specialist positions.
Photo Courtesy of U.S. Naval Forces
Central Command/U.S. Fifth Fleet