Many military officers and non-commissioned officers transition into civilian careers as production managers.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in and qualified for applying for a Production Manager position, please click here and fill out the form provided to apply to the Bradley-Morris, Inc. (BMI) program. A candidate recruiter will contact you if there are job openings that match your background, education and career preferences.
The Production Manager ensures coordination of departmental functions to ensure the business unit is operating to the highest standard of safety, quality, customer service and financial objectives. He/she will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production personnel – providing leadership, direction and facilitation.
Photo Courtesy of Nuclear
Skills that you will bring to the job/typical duties:
Oversee the planning, organization and direction of daily production activities
- Manage employee placement, training and employee development
- Monitor the performance of operations as it relates to safety, quality and productivity
- Plan and establish work assignments and production sequences to meet production goals
- Maintain documentation of department policies and procedures and ensure compliance with company regulations
- Read and analyze production schedules to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and make adjustments as required by engineering or management
- Use root cause analysis tools to analyze/resolve/prevent opportunities; implement corrective action plans production misses based on collected data
Salary, Benefits and Shift (*may vary by city and experience level):
$45k-$75k annually; overtime pay in addition to salary frequently applies; includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses. An average shift usually lasts from 8-12 hours. Nights and weekends may be required.
Typically reports to:
Factory/Unit Manager or Senior Production Manager
Similar job titles:
Production Supervisor; Production Engineer
Recent BMI placements for this position include but have
not historically been limited to the following specialties:
*Military personnel from the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps (USMC) have been placed through Bradley-Morris, Inc. into Product Manager positions.
Photo Courtesy of U.S. Army