Many military officers, non-commissioned officers and technicians transition into civilian careers as sales engineers.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in and qualified for applying for a Sales Engineer position, please click here and fill out the form provided to apply to the Bradley-Morris, Inc. (BMI) program. A candidate recruiter will contact you if there are job openings that match your background, education and career preferences.
The sales engineer is an expert on their company's products and works hard to solve application questions from clients, follow the pro-active sales process and conduct successful sales consultations. They work on their own or in a team with a lead salesperson and are at least partially responsible for the success of their assigned sales territory within a specific market(s).
Photo Courtesy of University of the Fraser Valley
Skills that you will bring to the job/typical duties:
Educate all clients on best practices and solution capabilities
- Participate with the sales team on early-stage prospect interactions
- Keep up to date on all products or service new releases and specifications
- Develop detailed functional specifications, design documents and test plans
- Assist in the management of the local branch's revenue budget and sales growth
- Manage all partnerships with and sales to specific territorial markets and manufacturers
- Coordinate consultations with potential clients and ensure ongoing satisfaction with present clients
- Initiate and prepare accurate documentation, reports, schedules, time and expense tracking, and spreadsheets as directed or required by client needs, departmental procedures, and company policy
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service
- Participate with sales team in trade shows as required
Salary, Benefits and Shift (*may vary by city and experience level):
$50k-$70k annually; commission in addition to this base frequently applies; includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses. Applicant should be open to travelling and potential relocation.
Typically reports to:
Regional Sales Manager, Area Manager or Branch Manager
Similar job titles:
Recent BMI placements for this position include but have
not historically been limited to the following specialties:
*Military personnel from the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps (USMC) have been placed through Bradley-Morris, Inc. into Sales Engineer positions.
Photo Courtesy of Naval Surface Warriors