Are you a Non-Commissioned Officer or Enlisted Technician interested in transitioning to a civilian careers as a Field Service Technician? After you’ve registered as a job seeker, our team of expert military-experienced recruiters will evaluate your background and preferences to determine if you are a fit for one of our Fortune 500 or Fortune 1000 clients. Once accepted into our free-for-candidates recruiting program, our team will match you with open Field Service opportunities and recommend companies with immediate hiring needs where you will install, maintain, operate, troubleshoot, repair, and train clients on high-tech equipment in an assigned geographic territory.
Your highly technical experience on the active duty and skills learned leading Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines will make it easy to provide superior and timely pre-and post-sales support to all customers while maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction in the industry. Just like in the service, you will be responsible for technical support for all system components, have a shared responsibility for service and warranty support with vendors and OEMs, training, inspections, expedited service, and coming up with creative parts solutions to support project installations on time and budget.
Our clients are searching for military candidates with the potential to also train a plant’s maintenance team or other key colleagues on how to perform equipment maintenance. Supervision, mentorship, and leadership by example are key responsibilities required at this level!
Successful candidates for this role often have the following Military Occupational Specialties:
Skills you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Install, adjust, troubleshoot and repair equipment as assigned
- Write clear, concise daily reports to management on job progress
- Estimate site/project manpower requirements for jobs
- Assist in designated repair shop when no field service work is available
- Utilize testing equipment, wiring diagrams and applications/tools available
- Establish a preventative maintenance schedule to be carried out regularly
- Escalate difficult-to-solve problems to the designated technical support group
- Train customer personnel in the proper procedures for operating and maintaining products
- Assure that all customers’ problems are handled with a minimum delay and within the allotted time
- Monitor time and material charged to each job and maintain accurate records of work-scope performed against quoted values
- Potential performance bonus
- Potential overtime
- Medical insurance
- Full benefits
- San Diego
- …and more!
*Applicant may need to be open to regional, overseas and overnight travel