Many officers and NCOs with four-year degrees target positions in the civilian sector as account or sales executives. Sales personnel have the highest earning potential of almost any position in leading companies across the nation. These positions are especially well suited to competitive personalities who like the idea of performance (and salary) being directly tied to compensation and recognition. In essence, sales-professionals find new customers for a business and/or help them maintain durable relationships with existing customers. More startup founders and senior executives come from a sales background than from any other discipline because they understand acutely how to discover and meet the needs of customers.
Are you interested?
Learn about the latest Bradley-Morris career opportunities by starting here.
The account/sales executive is responsible for directly supporting company revenue objectives by capturing business from new and existing customers. The account executive will be responsible for meeting individual and/or team revenue goals and collaborating with the sales and marketing teams to target specific markets and record prospecting and sales activity.
Skills you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and aim for ideal target markets
- Conduct sales analysis and present projected sales activity
- Visit clients to demonstrate products, negotiate prices, prepare quotations and contracts and record selling products while identifying and clearly outlining customers’ needs
- Utilize company-provided software and equipment to demonstrate concepts and products to customers, which may include technical descriptions
- Meet with sales leaders to ensure all activities are aligned with current corporate and sales department objectives
- Plan, create and grow a system of referral sources within your territory; collaborate with the sales/marketing resources and regional partners to develop this system
Salary, Benefits and Shift
(varies by location and experience level):
Most sales roles have a base salary in the $35k-$80k range and offer commissions on sales, typically calculated as a percentage of sales volume. This figure includes company benefits and may include performance bonuses. Applicants should be open to traveling, sometimes extensively to meet clients.
Typically reports to: Sales Manager or Senior Account/Sales Executive
Similar job titles: Account/Sales Specialist; Account/Sales Leader
Recent Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps placements for this position have included:
- Field Artillery
- Military Police/Law Enforcement
- Special Operations/Special Forces