Many officers accept positions in civilian careers as business analysts and consultants. They may work within a company in the operations or finance/administration divisions, or work for a management consulting firm that is hired by businesses for specific projects.
Are you interested?
Learn about the latest Bradley-Morris career opportunities by starting here.
The business analyst is responsible for identifying and clarifying changes needed to advance business objectives. The candidate will be expected to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis in order to justify the necessary changes and brief management on the recommendations.
Skills that you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Analyze, adjust and restructure business resources, processes and procedures as needed
- Advise on structural system requirements and document proposed changes
- Work with company personnel at all levels to gather and analyze internal information
- Address the questions and concerns of company employees that arise during implementation
- Develop and update a reference guide for all business initiatives and goals
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with external markets and vendors to support business initiatives
Salary, Benefits and Shift
(*may vary by city and experience level):
Most business analyst roles have a salary in the $60k-$90k range annually. This includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses. Applicant should be open to travelling and have the minimum education of a bachelor’s degree.
Typically reports to: Senior Consultant; COO; CFO; CAO; General Manager
Similar job titles: Business Executive; Business Consultant; Financial Analyst
Recent Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps placements for this position have included:
- Space/Missile Operations
- Combat Arms Officer
- Aviation Maintenance
- Military Intelligence
- Special Operations