Leadership Development Program
Many high-performing military professionals are recruited for civilian leadership development programs. The roles and responsibilities of a junior military officer are similar in scope to management positions in the civilian world. A leadership development program position prepares transitioning service members for advanced roles with more responsibility.
In most cases in the private sector, promotion and the opportunity to advance is based on individual performance as opposed to years of service. The ideal candidate will usually advance after 6-24 months of orientation and training.
Are you interested?
Learn about the latest Bradley-Morris career opportunities by starting here.
Those enrolled in a leadership development program will experience a structured regimen of operations, functions and disciplines designed to increase their knowledge of and develop professional and managerial skills for a specific career path.
Skills you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Work on cross-functional projects and service assignments with teams to identify areas for process improvement
- Become familiar with all core operations such as accounting and finance, equipment, environmental health and safety, human resources and training, quality assurance, sales and marketing
- Utilize previous experiences or expertise to contribute to business goals and meet rotational objectives
- Act as the internal liaison for company-client relations – providing thorough customer service and strong problem-solving skills
- Develop product knowledge and expertise, and learn how to manage employees, while shadowing upper management personnel
Salary, Benefits and Shift
(varies by location and experience level):
Most leadership roles have a salary in the $70k-$120k range annually. This figure includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses.
Typically reports to: Branch, General or Regional Manager
Similar job titles: JMO Development Program; Management Development Program
Recent Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps placements for this position have included:
- Army & Marine Combat Arms Officers
- Quartermaster & Supply Officers
- Corps of Engineers Officer
- Special Operations Officer
- Surface Warfare Officer
- Nuclear Officer