Many officers accept positions into civilian careers as operations managers or operations supervisors. The roles and responsibilities of a junior military officer are similar in scope to operations managers/supervisors in the civilian world. This position is typically the best way to learn about a business and has traditionally served as a springboard for advanced roles with more responsibility. The ideal candidate will usually advance within 6 – 18 months.
Are you interested?
Learn about the latest Bradley-Morris career opportunities by starting here.
The operations manager/supervisor is responsible for leading, directing and coordinating daily service activities. Responsibilities often include training, coaching and motivating key colleagues within their sector.
Skills you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Drive implementation and continuous improvement
- Create and maintain a team-oriented working environment
- Ensure safe, continuous and efficient production of products
- Ensure products conform to the company’s standard of quality
- Maintain inventory levels and oversee equipment maintenance
- Implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievements
- Execute local market strategies that complement strategic operating and marketing plans
- Assure understanding of, and adherence to, company policies and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting approved customer requirements and delivery dates as defined on purchase orders
Salary, Benefits and Shift
(*may vary by city and experience level):
Most operations manager roles have a salary in the $65k-$85k range annually. Overtime pay in addition to this base frequently applies; includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses. An average shift can vary from normal business hours to extended or weekend shifts. Applicant should be open to potential relocation.
Typically reports to: General and/or Regional Manager
Similar job titles: Operations Specialist; Operations Leader
Recent Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps placements for this position have included:
- Special Operations (SEAL/Special Forces)
- Army / Marine Combat Arms Officers (Infantry, Artillery, Armor, etc.)
- Aviation Maintenance Officer
- Logistics Readiness Officer
- Communications Officer
- Surface Warfare Officer
- Nuclear Officer