Many military officers and non-commissioned officers with four-year degrees transition into civilian careers as process engineers. The duties of non-commissioned officers in the military are very similar to a process engineer in the civilian world.
Are you interested?
Learn about the latest Bradley-Morris career opportunities by starting here.
The process engineer evaluates, implements and monitors manufacturing processes and operating systems including production flow, facility and production equipment. The candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership and support in the development and design of process controls for all new installations at the site.
Skills you will bring to the job/typical duties:
- Support the tracking and reporting of production and plant performance metrics
- Perform analysis on manufacturing methods and troubleshoot manufacturing issues
- Assist management personnel in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training
- Design, develop, test and cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- Solve difficult process and controls problems to enable productivity enhancement and cost reductions
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including established goals, training team members and evaluating results
Salary, Benefits and Shift
(*may vary by city and experience level):
Most process engineer roles have a salary in the $60k-$100k range annually. This figure includes company benefits; may include performance bonuses. Position may require occasional travel.
Typically reports to: Plant Manager or Director of Engineering
Similar job titles: Process Manager
Recent Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marine Corps placements for this position have included:
- Nuclear Officer
- Infantry Officer
- Aviation Officer
- Fire Controlman
- Helicopter Mechanic
- Field Artillery Officer
- Aviation Maintenance
- Corps of Engineers Officer
- Air Defense Artillery Officer